Vegan Matcha Cheesecake
In a last and desperate bid to rid myself of my coffee addiction, around 3 months ago I immersed myself in the world of matcha, and have been an enthusiast ever since. This little green tea is not just the perfect caffeine fix for anyone looking for a coffee substitute, but is packed with anti-oxidants as well as being a natural metabolism booster! Ever since my first Matcha Latte with vanilla soy milk (and yes you should definitely try one) I've been trying to integrate it into my diet. When Yumchaa Tea kindly gifted me a huge pot of their matcha powder and invited me to make a recipe with it, my sweet tooth could not resist! But you'll be glad to know this little recipe is vegan friendly as well as full of nutritious ingredients. Enjoy!
Ingredients You'll Need:
3/4 of a cup of grounded up oat biscuits (or any biscuit of your choice)
4 Medjool dates (pitted)
1/2 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup of soaked cashew nuts
1 cup of cream cheese (or coconut cream/ vegan cream cheese)
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp of Matcha powder
- Add all the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a sticky dough like consistency
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper and lay the mixture onto it, pressing down until it is event spread and firm.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together until smooth
- Spread it on top of the base evenly
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours until firm
And for an extra pop of colour, decorate with lavender before serving.